Reagan

Reagan

Monday, December 6, 2010

Welcome to my blog

I have not cried today...had you met me a few months ago I could not have said that. This is a long story (not so long time frame wise, but it sure seems like it) so I will start at the beginning. My name is Amber, wife to a wonderful husband Jeff, and mother to two beautiful, perfect children, Reagan who is two and a half and Brady who is 18 months. Prior to May 2010 our life was perfect, we were sailing along without a care in the world oblivious to any and all problems that might be thrown our way. Then comes May 2010 and my beautiful, perfect energetic daughter Reagan starts to limp. This was nothing that I was too concerned about as she didn't really change her activity level or mood. After a couple of weeks when it didn't go away we decided we should have it looked at, and that was the beginning. I would say the beginning of the end, but we don't know if we ever will reach the end of this journey. Long story short, almost 2 months later, (I will go into more detail later) we have ended up with the diagnosis of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am starting this blog not only for therapy for myselt, but also in hopes that God will find a way to get it to the other Moms and Parents out there going through this same thing who need support just like we do. One day my hope is to somehow change this disease and the precious children who like Reagan suffer with it everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Reagan and Nani are so alike...not just in age but in temperament. I wish there was something I could do for you and your beautiful family. My heart goes out to all of you and I hope that this blog helps you deal with all you have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete